Sunday, July 15, 2007

Brookie's Big Night

April 4, 2007 was Brooklyn's big dance recital. She and I got her costumes all ready and did her hair. She even got to wear a bit of "sparkly stuff" (aka eye shadow) and lip gloss. Feeling very grown up, she led the way over to the Landing, where the entire community was gathering for the show. I think we may be a bit starved for culture here.

Sean and I sat in the second row - the first just seemed a bit too eager - and from there we watched as our little daughter mingled with her fellow dancers, giggling, whispering and basically growing up right before our eyes.

Here is Brooklyn with a few of her "Peeps in Pink"

The star of the show


Chillin' with the peeps again - and yes, the infamous Piggy was in attendance

Brook's dance class. As you can see, there was even a costume change for the big finale

I must admit, I was a bit teary even before she stepped out on stage, hugging Piggy. Watching her dance was pure bliss. What can I say? I was a proud, emotionally fragile mom. Amazing.

~Mandy




5 comments:

ama and bops said...

I am also teary! Glad you are back. mom xx

Andre said...

Hey awesome to see you are blogging again. I remember Analena's dance class when she was about the same age. Pretty sweet.

rachel said...

Hi - missed you! So glad you're finding time to drop a note here again. We'll be at a Caronport house (very) near you Saturday afternoon. :)

ErinOrtlund said...

She looks lovely and happy!

ErinOrtlund said...

P.S. You've been tagged for a meme at my blog!