Thursday, September 6, 2007

Bedtime for the "Buddies"

One of Brookie's favourite pastimes is playing with her ever-growing number of stuffies aka her "buddies". She will often begin her day by bringing them all out of her room onto the couch so they can enjoy Curious George together. Then soon after cartoons are over, it is time to put them to bed.

Here they are all cozy in our room. She uses her bed too and usually seconds after I have finished making it for the day. They each have a place and she makes sure they have their heads sticking out of the covers. Then she quietly tiptoes out of the room and shuts the door. What I just find amazing about this whole process is how kind she is to each and every last one of these stuffed friends and how much she sounds like me! She calls them "Sweetie" and whispers quietly to them as she settles them down - some of them get a bit roudy.

Brook has taken to trying this form of play out on Rosie too with Rosie taking the role of "Sweetheart" but she is much less compliant. The other day Brookie came to me complaining of the difficulties in getting Rosie to listen: "Mommy, she just won't do what I tell her." I replied, "I know exactly how you feel." ~Mandy

No comments: