Thursday, May 1, 2008

And It Wasn't Over Yet!

So Sean headed back after a week with his family but the girls and I stayed another week in Ontario with my family. We were ladies of leisure, enjoying more time to just do whatever.

Brookie and Bops played lots of games together and she is very good at them. I don't think I learned how to play checkers until I was 12! At this rate, Brooklyn will actually know how to play chess, which is terrible because it will mean that I have to try yet again to understand it.

During this second week of our time with Ama, Bops and Aunt Nessa, Brookie went to the lake with Ama. This was a real treat for a few reasons. She loves the lake (just like her mom) and so being able to sit and watch the water without Rosie terrifying everyone with her near-death rock climbing was wonderful. She also got to spend quality time just with Ama all alone so they could chat. And to top it all off, they had hot chocolate while they sat on their cozy blanket and watched the water. It doesn't get much better than that!

A special trip for both Ama and Brookie. I won't be surprised if this becomes a regular event.
~Mandy

No comments: