Thursday, October 22, 2009

Here Comes the Sun . . .

013012

  This morning, the girls crept into our room while it was still dark and asked if they could go outside to watch the sun rise. Of course, I said. Just make sure you stay warm while you wait. When I came out to see them moments later, I found them huddled together on the deck, facing the sky and reading “Leo the Lop” as they patiently waited for the sun to make its first appearance of the day.

There are times as a mom when you feel overwhelmed with thanks that you have little people in your life to remind you of the truly important things; to creep quietly up to you while you sleep through life and whisper, “Look! Stop and look! Do you see that? Isn’t that incredible? You don’t want to miss it! Come see your gift.” And this morning was one of those times. The sun came up, we watched and then came in for some Rice Krispies. But I have to say that it really is amazing that the sun comes up every morning in all its brilliant splendour. And I am really glad I saw it. Thank you, Brookie and Rosie, for helping me see the gift. 

~Mandy

2 comments:

ama and bops said...

What an amazing job you have done as parents. The joy in life comes from never missing the small miracles all around us everyday. What a gift to know that at 6 and 41/2, mom xxx

Paul/Dad/Pops said...

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun, and I say it's all right.
(The Beatles - you'll have to ask your Mom and Dad who they were!)