Thursday, October 7, 2010

First Days of School

Brookie began grade 2 this year. She is in another split class with the same kids she has known since Kindergarten.

003

Here she is posing for the classic First Day of School Picture to humour her mother

When I asked Brookie if I could take some pictures of her at the school that first day, she replied, “That might be a little awkward. First days are hard enough.” So . . . no pictures at the school.

Rosie is now in Kindergarten. She has a tiny class of 12 but they have their own room, complete with little desks, little cubbies, a little bathroom and many little play stations.

004

Rosie posing for the classic shot

008

011013

It was a rainy first day

014015

Rosie let me take some pictures inside her classroom

When Rosie came home after her first day, I asked her how it went and she said, “Good. Mr. Mitchell didn’t teach me anything, though.” Of course I explained that the first day is a bit more about meeting each other and settling in. But I think Mr. Mitchell is going to have to work very hard to impress Rosie.

My favourite part about school this year is watching the girls leave together in the morning, come home together at lunch and hearing about their time together at recess. They walk side by side, chatting together about stuff. Brookie is being a fantastic big sister. She has even pushed Rosie on the swing a few times. The two of them really like each other. And while I miss them, I am just so proud of the beautiful little ladies they are becoming.

~Mandy

No comments: