Monday, October 11, 2010

A Moment

Sometimes the prairie sky just will not be ignored. It glows in pinks and oranges, lighting up the bottoms of electric white clouds. God does some of his best work and simply asks that we stop and look.

The other night was one of those times. Brookie and Rosie were already in their pajamas, brushing their teeth before bed. I was trying to get stuff cleaned up and I caught I glimpse of this incredible sky. We grabbed our shoes and headed out the door, running to get to the end of the street for the best view. It was beautiful. Perfect.

Heading home, we basked in the glow of a setting sun and enjoyed just being together. These are the moments. I was so glad I hadn’t missed it.

009

This was taken after the real spectacle was over. Still quite pretty, though.

~Mandy

1 comment:

Paul/Dad/Pops said...

I love a pink sky! One of my favorites was up at the Wolf River, north of Parry Sound, one early morning in November. The water was absolutely still and the the reflections were as good as the real thing. Quite jaw-dropping.