Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Ah . . . the anticipation of a coming adventure!

At the beginning of September, Rosie got bronchial pneumonia and had to spend three long days in the hospital. I stayed with her. It was a difficult time for the fam. Brookie felt it the most, I think, although Sean was a close second. Poor wee Brook wasn't sure where Rosie and I had gone, even though we thought we had explained things clearly. Those little preschool minds just have their own ways of processing stress, fear, anxiety. We knew it was a problem when her art teacher told me Brooklyn had informed her class that her mommy was dead and she was now living with the Matthies (friends of ours here on campus). I was relaying this to Sean and he asked, "What is wrong with me? I mean why couldn't Brooklyn have stayed with me?" To this I replied, "Well, at least you are only an unfit parent. I'm dead!"
This picture was taken the day after we arrived back home from our stay in the hospital. Rosie and Brookie had quite a reunion and then it was time to set out on an adventure, complete with "backpacks". ~Mandy

No comments: