Monday, December 10, 2007

Ahhh . . . Autumn in Ontario

So along with the joy of spending time with my dad (Bops) as he healed from surgery was the added excitement of exploring Ontario in the fall, with all the classic activities somewhat lacking in Saskatchewan. My favourite was picking apples. There is nothing as deliciously "fall" as hiking down a long row of apple trees, hearing the leaves crackle underfoot, picking an apple from the heavy branches and biting in. I have so missed this autumn tradition since moving away and I was so glad to have this opportunity with Brooklyn and Rosie - their first time at the orchard!


Brooklyn found it quite wonderful that you could just pick an apple and take a big bite.

In true Rosie fashion, she grabbed two big apples at the first opportunity

Ama enjoyed time with the girls


And we even got a half-decent family picture, capturing Rosie's determination to eat as many apples as possible - at least to bite into as many as possible.
It wasn't as leisurely, or relaxing as I remember. Two preschoolers tend to add a lot of action and drama to any outing. But the air was sweet with the smell of apples and leaves and I felt like I had found the autumn I had been missing. A good day. ~Mandy

No comments: