Friday, October 31, 2008

A Beautiful Autumn Day

October 29th was a really beautiful day here in Caronport. The weather was sunny and warm which is such a wonderful surprise for this time of year. So the girls and I headed outside because it was a day that demanded to be enjoyed. I cleaned up the gardens and prepared them for winter, though I was so thankful that winter seemed so distant in that sunny moment. Brookie helped me water the plants one last time and Rosie . . . well Rosie took advantage of the warmth in her favourite bathing suit.

Here Brookie is working on the front lawn. She is such a huge help.

Brooklyn was extra generous with the water for our silver maple tree - Sylvester (yes we named him. It is easy to keep track of names when there are so few trees and it seems to me that trees around here deserve to be named)

Rosie plays the "Don't spray me/Please spray me"game with Brook


Later that same day while I was in Moose Jaw, Sean and the girls made chocolate chip cookies. Here are the girls waiting patiently at the oven for the cookies to be finished. Let's just say it has been a while since I have made cookies, which may explain the eager anticipation.
All in all, it was a glorious day. It was one of those fall days that make me imagine God smiling down on us and saying, "Here. Enjoy."
~Mandy

1 comment:

Paul/Dad/Pops said...

For Rosie:
As the water continues to splash from the hose
I think of how wonderful it
would feel to dance in the rain,
no umbrella, no anything,
just me dancing freely in the rain
how amazing it is,
how carefree it makes my heart feel.
With every single cold cleansing drop
I feel rejuvenated, reenergized,relaxed.
As the rain falls from the sky and
gently kisses my skin
I smile as I spin around and around,
free sprited as can be
in the rain that
surrounds all of me.