Friday, October 24, 2008

Let's Go To The Theatre

On October 21st, the whole family went to see Annie at the theatre in Moose Jaw. It was very exciting. I still remember my first time going to see live theatre and it was life-changing for me so I was anticipating the same for our little girls. They have seen the movie numerous times and they couldn't wait to sing along with their favourite red-haired orphan.

Of course, nothing but the fanciest dresses would do. Here the girls pose for a picture with their programs. We saved these as keepsakes.

Here we are about to get a glimpse of the theatre for the first time

Front row seats - and I am not joking. We could see really well.
The girls were fascinated by the orchestra pit before the show began.
We thoroughly enjoyed the show. The girls were quite spellbound through most of it and then we started losing Rosie at about 8:30. She was exhausted. But the whole experience was amazing - we even got a drink at intermission and after the show, Sean took us all out for dessert and a drink. We arrived home tired, full and ready to dream about "Tomorrow".
~Mandy

3 comments:

ama and bops said...

I still remember going to the Elgin theatre in Toronto with two very excited girls. We were going to see "Cats", your first live play. And what a play it was. Just so see the looks on both your faces when those cats came down the aisle past your seats,was worth every penny of those tickets. Being part of "a first" is such a gift. Love mom xx

Nan said...

I will never forget my first theatre experience - it was the Nutcracker Suite at the Hummingbird Theatre in T.O. It was magical experience. I dreamed about it for weeks.

Paul/Dad/Pops said...

A Sing along!

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!
Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!
When I'm stuck with a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And grin,
And say,
Oh
The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
Tïll tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow!
Tomorrow!
I love ya
Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!