Monday, June 1, 2009

In the Garden

For those of you living in different parts of this country, you have probably already moved on from the excitement of watching the first buds explode into green or the joy that comes after winter when you get to feel grass underfoot or tuck a small seed into a pocket of soil in the hopes of seeing something beautiful grow. But we just arrived at this lovely place called spring. It has been an incredibly long winter, with snow in April and cooler than normal temperatures for a lot of May. But this past weekend, Sean and the girls began work on our garden. They planted tomatoes, zucchini, watermelon, corn and carrots. After much hard work and many breaks in which the kids abandoned Sean to play on the swing set, the garden is finished. It is a deep brown patch of potential. I can’t wait for my first taste!  ~Mandy

2 comments:

ErinOrtlund said...

How fun! I love gardening and think it's so valuable to get kids involved with it. I never thought I would be interested in having a garden, and now I could work in it all day.

Amy said...

So, is this a "Sean, Rosie, and Brooklyn" garden and you're merely the happy consumer of the fruits of their labor? Sounds like my kind of garden... It also reminds me that one day you'll have to have Brookie read, "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn." A classic.