Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Boxing Day with Peter Pan and Wendy

This Boxing Day, our family had front row tickets at the Globe Theatre in Regina to see Peter Pan. It was absolutely fabulous! We went not knowing what to expect from this little place in Saskatchewan. I mean, it isn’t Toronto. But it turns out that other cities can put together really great theatre too! And you don’t need to give up one of your children in order to get tickets either!  022023

024

Like I said, we had front row tickets and this was theatre-in-the-round so we were really in the action. In fact, when the pirates arrived on stage, Rosie and Brookie were both a bit unnerved. In fact, Rosie turned to me and whispered, “I don’t like this movie!”

But nothing prepared us for Captain Hook’s entrance! Even I was a bit scared of him and he walked majestically down the stairs right beside Rosie and I!

But as the play went on, the girls became used to the atmosphere and were more convinced that no one was going to make them walk the plank, they enjoyed themselves immensely. Sean and I did too. The actors were wonderful and the set was so creative. We even got drinks and cookies at intermission!

After the show, Sean took all us ladies out for a very nice dinner, including dessert.

So now all that is left to do is decide what we will see next year. Another tradition is born!

4 comments:

ErinOrtlund said...

That sounds fun! I'll have to look up that theatre and see what's coming up.

ama and bops said...

Theatre in the round. Way to go Regina. Maybe Rosie could design their costumes next year as well. Have you thought about skipping kingergarten and moving right into design at Sharedon??

ama and bops said...

Okay so I really misspelt Sheridan, but you know what I mean. I hate those blank stare moments.

ama and bops said...

One of my fondest memories is the evenings we shared at Theatre Aquarius. It just wasn't Christmas with a Lou fix.