Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fashions by Rosie

001 (2)

Rosie came into the kitchen the other day wearing this creation, asking me for a drink. I had to stop what I was doing and focus on how fantastic she looked. She did this all by herself using an old blanket from her room and a hair band. Seriously. I was in awe. It was so popular that Brookie asked Rosie to help make one for her.

I haven’t been around a ton of four year olds but I am willing to bet it is rare to find a child this age so mindful of what she is wearing. And not only what she is wearing. Take for example the day of Rosie’s school Christmas program. As I was getting dressed to go, Rosie came in, looked me up and down and said, “Is that what you are wearing?” She proceeded to pick out a whole new outfit for me. She’s 4. Incredible. But I love that she is able to show her creative spirit through what she wears. Who knows, we may be sitting beside the cat walk years from now, applauding the latest fashion creations of Rosie Davidson. My guess is that no matter what the latest colour is, pink will play a large part in her collection. And there will be lots of high heels and spinny dresses and bathing suits. I can’t wait.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That made my day. So inventive. I will make sure to bring my high fashion outfits when I come to visit. I wouldn't want to disappoint our little fashionista!!

ama and bops said...

Rosie, that is gorgeous. If I could wear the"one arm out" style, I would have you design one for me as well. xxx