Monday, September 22, 2008

Kindergarten 101

The big day finally arrived - the first day of Kindergarten. Brooklyn was very ready. She had her new dress, new backpack, new school supplies, new haircut and a new adventure waiting just down the street at Caronport Elementary School
Of course, we needed to get a few pictures of our Kindergarten girl . . .

Here she is by the front door, just getting her shoes on

Brooklyn and Rosie heading out


Walking to school

During carpet time, listening attentively to the teacher
Sean, Rosie and I walked Brooklyn over to the school, chatting with her about the new and exciting world of kindergarten. We took her into her class and watched from the corner of the room for a few minutes and then left. I didn't cry once, not even walking home with Rosie. But the next day, Brookie walked out the front door, backpacked and looking so tiny. She turned to wave to me, as she headed down the stairs to Maia's house and I lost it. I sat on the stairs and cried for all the obvious reasons and for many I couldn't even put into words. I cried and Rosie gave me a hug. Then I pulled myself together and we closed the door.
~Mandy

No comments: